Starting off with a classic, simple yet delicious, fresh and tangy recipe. It goes well with spring weather.
- 120 gr. yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 120 gr. of sunflower oil
- 240 gr. of caster sugar
- 240 gr. flour
- 8 gr. baking powder
- 2 gr. salt
- 1/2 lemon
Pre-heat the oven to 180° C. Place a round circle of baking paper in the bottom of a round cake spring form.
Butter the sides. Zest half a lemon and press it. Set aside for later.
1. Wisk the eggs with a hand wisk.
2. Add the yoghurt and whisk some more.
3. Add the oil and whisk.
4. Add the sugar and then the lemon with the zest.
5. In another bowl mix the flour with the salt and the baking powder. And add this mixture to the liquid ingredients while whisking.
6. Pour into the form and bake for 35 minutes in the oven. (it pays off to have a peek 5 min before the end of the cooking time and see if the cake is already cooked, since ovens do vary)
7. Cake is baked when your knife comes out clean when pricking it. Enjoy!
Based on a recipe from “Mon Cours De Cuisine: La Patisserie, de Marianne Magnier-Moreno” which we highly recommend.