This is such a quick and gratifying recipe. Please use proper black chocolate! (Request coming from a desperate Belgian person bulk- importing her chocolate each time she goes home)
- 50 gr. of butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 20 gr. of sugar
- 125 gr. Chocolate
Make sure your eggs are at room temperature, or leave them in some warm water until you need them for the recipe. Have some ramekins ready in the fridge (for 30min or so) so they are nice and cool. This will set the mousse a lot a quicker and keep most of the air in.
- Break the chocolate in pieces and melt it gently in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Once it’s properly melted take it off the heat and add the butter stirring until it has melted in the chocolate.
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolks.
- Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture one by one.
- Whisk the egg whites and half way add the sugar.
- Take ¼ of the egg white and add it to the chocolate mixture. Stir until it is nicely incorporated.
- Add this chocolate mixture to the egg whites and fold gently in until it’s all incorporated.
- Take the ramekins from the fridge and pour your mousse in them.
- Put it back in the fridge and enjoy after 2h!