The month of resolutions and getting over Christmas holiday excesses.
Looking back on the last months these are some of my favourite “sins”:
- The Saint Lucia Saffron Buns of Paul Hollywood. (for that Christmas feeling)
- Overindulgent cinnamon buns of the latest Great British Cookbook (for that even more Christmas feeling)
- Home-made Gnocchi from Simply Italian with the hazelnut and cream sauce
- Chicken cooked in milk from Jamie Oliver Magazine served with pasta and kale.
- Chocolate fondants with salted caramel centre from Rachel Khoo
- Cooked Ham with ginger biscuits crust from Jamie Oliver Magazine
- January’s tradition obliges, we had three of these Galettes in January (made one ourselves and two made by a good friend). Mary Berry’s version is a good recipe, but watch your oven temperature, for ours it was way too high.
- Eating cheese fondues at Androuet.
And on a healthier note:
- Yotam Ottolenghi’s Plenty More Cauliflower cake and Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon
- My favourite lunch time snack: Cinnamon bagel with ½ ripe avocado crushed with ½ lime juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Served with some carrots on the side.
- Daily breakfast of bircher muesli with almond milk and chia seeds.
- Lots of healthy cooking inspiration with the newest issue of Jamie Oliver Magazine
- And Deliciously Ella that is an up and coming success. Really want to try her healthy version of Nutella.
Here are some of the recipes we have in the pipeline for the blog this year:
- Flemish stew
- Soufflé au fromage
- Tarte au riz
Tarte au sucre